Friday, July 5, 2013

Today's Hiike

Today we hiked the Pass Mountain Trail from the Meridian trailhead to the saddle. As I started the climb to the saddle (I had gone ahead of Karen) it started to drizzle. That was actually kind of nice but just as I got to the saddle it started raining. And then it started raining hard! I put my iPhone in one of the waterproof bags that I carry. Then my thoughts turned to the steep trail down over lots of "slick rock." Happily I discovered that it's just a name; the rock wasn't slick at all. We ended up hiking back in an almost non-stop rain. It let up at times but never completely stopped. We were soaked and our hiking boots were covered with mud. A very unique desert hike!

Near the trailhead. The morning light made for a nice photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment