Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Hike Today

It wasn't a totally new hike today rather an extension of an old hike. At the official end of the Wind Cave Trail is a continuation that takes you near the top of Pass Mountain. It's not a maintained trail and there are warning signs about using it. I hiked that continuation after getting to Wind Cave. The signs weren't emphatic enough. This was one nasty trail! It's very, very steep near the end and the trail surface is full of loose rocks that are easy to slip on. At times you have to climb up (and back down later) rock faces. I actually fell on the way down but luckily didn't get hurt. But the view at the top was (almost) worth it. Now that I've done this trail I don't think I'll do it again.

View of the Merkle/Vista Trails area.

View of the Cat Peaks Trail area.
The guy in for foreground was another hiker.

No comments:

Post a Comment