Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Hike Today

Karen was busy with the HOA's rummage sale this morning so I went hiking alone. I parked at the Idaho Trailhead and hiked into the canyon to the immediate north. The trail was well defined at first but eventually disappeared in a wash. It would have required some serious bushwhacking to continue so I turned back. There's a rock formation visible from outside the canyon that looks like a balance rock. But from inside the canyon it looks like the head of a lizard eating a morsel of food (see the pictures to see what I mean.) After hiking in the canyon I hiked around the base of the hills and down in 2 different washes before calling it a morning.

Panorama view from inside the canyon.

The "lizard head" rock.

Closeup of the "lizard head" rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment