Sunday, February 12, 2012

Peak 3004 Loop Hike

Today I did the Peak 3004 Loop hike. Unlike the last (and first) time on this trail today I did a pretty good job following the cairns when the trail died out. Karen hiked up to the Pass Mountain Saddle and waited for me there. It took me 2 hours to get to reach that saddle. We then hiked down together. Even on a busy Sunday afternoon I was the only hiker out there until I reached the Pass Mountain Trail. Heading down we ran into lots of other hikers.

The first part of this hike is on the Bulldog Saddle Trail.
It's also known as the "Fish Rock Trail." Now I know why.

Trails around here tend to be rocky.
This is part of the Bulldog Saddle Trail.

Karen on the Pass Mountain Trail.

Ross on the Pass Mountain Trail.

Superstition Mountains from the Pass Mountain Trail.

Panorama from the Pass Mountain Trail.

Karen in the wash near Meridian parking area.

No comments:

Post a Comment